Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Unnamed

I am here.
Between night and day
Between the domain of slumber and wakefulness
The day slowly and subtly dilutes, casting on my face
an innocent beam of sunlight
A beam that started a million years ago..
to fall on me the way it does now

from the opposite window of the bus
and to turn my eyes and hair
a reddish hue of brown

Me, an unknown face, wandering 
through nameless roads and fields
Why do some of these people
look straight into my eyes while the others
just pass through me

Perhaps life, being an undefined, unquantified force
is capable of causing flickers
and ripples by mere presence 

or absence, for that matter
The rays weigh my eyes down
and my ears are clouded with the whispers
of the trees
They speak of weather and color
and words that sound to me like
Patience

No comments: